Notes about the process:
Surfaces for this model were created in 2 steps. The first step, shown on this page, is the creation of surfaces that cover the head. I called these "initial surfaces". The last surfaces are called "final surfaces" which are the initial surfaces broken up into surfaces that have all of the isoparms aligned.
No effort was made to get the "initial surfaces" to have isoparms that align, the plan was to do this later. The most important focus of the initial surfacing phase was to have the surfaces have tangential continuity and smoothness.
1. Surfaces on the Side of the Head.
I used Bi-Rail surfaces almost exclusively because they allowed me to make large patches that covered the majority of the head quickly.
I used the Bi-Rail->2+ Sections option. to give me as large a surface
as possible. The surfaces would be broken up into smaller regions later.
|First Bi-Rail Surface||Second Bi-Rail Surface|
The lip region was finished, then the surface next to it. Using curves
that swept across the entire face allowed me to make a smooth surface network
without using tangency tools.
|Mouth Surface||Second Mouth Surface|